
Today is my dad's 60th birthday!
My dad is one of the greatest men I know. He raised my 2 sisters and I and my cousin Tony by himself and is now raising my 3 little cousins with his
wonderful wife Kayla.

Dad and The Boys and Papa and Nay-nay
My dad always made sure we had what we needed. I always felt that we were #1 in his life. He is always joking around and goofing off. Everyone who knows my dad will describe him as 1. Very Silly 2. Very Loving and 3. Very Accident Prone. I really love those qualities about him. I always wanted to marry someone just like my dad and I think I totally succeeded!
On Saturday we had a Birthday Party for him and many people came to celebrate.

It was a lot of fun and there was even a broken window by a stray bb. It was exciting but not as crazy as his 50th where we did a "Hawaii 5-O" pool party (complete w/Super-Soakers, a garden hose in the house, and jumping out of the 2nd story window into the swimming pool). Good times all attendees will never forget!

My Dad and His "Little" Sister - Dad and Aunt Virginia
Tonight we celebrated with a lovely dinner at CPK. Then we went to my dad's to watch him open some of his Birthday cards. He received over 70 cards all of people expressing their love for him and their fondest moments with my dad. What really impressed me was that the cards were from people of all ages.

Dad and the Boys and Dad and the Girls
The recurring complements were that he is always so funny, Christlike and loving. That's my Dad!
One of his gifts was a T-shirt from my little cousins that says "Old Guys Rule". I think that sums it all up very nicely.
Dad, they say that 60 is the new 40!
(even if you still act like the old 15)!
Dad, if all men were like you our world would be a SOOOOO much, better place.
Happy Birthday Daddy!

I love you soooooooo much!
Thank you for being you!


2 comments:
Melonnie,
This is great…thank you for always taking the time to update your blog.
Love ya,
Kayla
This is adorable. You can really tell how much you love your family when I read your blog.
I also wanted to ask you about that water park you asked about. Is it the one on Monte Vista in Chino? I saw one at the park there and thought maybe that was the one you were talking about. Can't wait to take the kids!!!
Post a Comment