CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 7, 2010

Leah's 1st Haircut

Since the day she was born, poor Baby Leah has had a "Bad Hair Day". She was born with this funny sideways faux hawk. I asked the nurse in the NICU who styled her hair and she said nobody that it just goes that way.

I'd always try combing it down after she'd have a bath but as soon as it dried, it would just pop right up!
Then the poor little thing started getting her bald spot! Not only was her bald spot HUGE but the hair broke off in a perfectly straight line! I could see people starring at it and some would even ask why I shaved it like that! I started getting really self conscience of it and would put hats and huge flowers on her head to divert the attention. I started getting self conscience of it and I could tell Ben was too. (so sad and funny, I know). Well then the other night I realized that my baby had a faux hawk/bowl cut/bald spot/mullet all in the same hair style!
So that's when we decided she needed a haircut!
I was sooo excited! I think Leah was too!
Here's the "Before and After"
I think it looks soooo much better! So do our family members who aren't shy to mention it! Ha!

2 comments:

Kerr Family said...

Love her new haircut. I actually liked her faux mohawk...but you're right, the bowl cut had to go. Good job!

Gene and Susie said...

Good job on the haircut. At least she doesn't have a mono-brow that has to be shaved. Guess which one of my grandies has that!!!