CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Honey Poo!


Today was my sweet hubbie's 29th birthday! He had clinicals at San Antonio Hospital and he spent the whole morning and afternoon, sticking probes and cameras, up peoples bums. I tried to make it a little more special for him but it wasn't the easiest thing to do since I had to work and he had clinicals. We did both get off early so we could go out to dinner. The night didn't turn out all that special, but we did still have fun and enjoyed each others company.

Ben had joined the Stewart Anderson's Birthday Club so he got a free steak dinner and a free birthday brownie. It was quite interesting. His steak was more fat and grissel then it was steak and the brownie was seriously hard as a rock.

Well since that dessert didn't work out so well, we decided to get Ben's favorite dessert, a Kahlúa Cream Cheese Pie at Marie Callendars, and take it over to mom's and share with the family. Well Marie was out of at least half of their pies, Kahlúa Cream Cheese Pie included. My poor husbands face was so sad when the gal told us they were out. So then we decided to go over to Coldstone to get an Ice Cream Cake. He found a Peanut Butter Chocolate one and we went to go pay for it and found out that this tiny little cake (6 servings) was $25! He felt that it was not worth it so we decided to just go to a grocery store and pick out a dessert from the bakery. We headed off to the 99 Ranch Market (Asian grocery store) were we finally scored! We bought 5 little single serve cakes and some yummie Mochi Balls (balls of ice cream covered with rice cake-another favorite of the birthday boy) and headed off to mom's where we had a good time celebrating over dessert.
So all in all the night turned out just fine.

When we were at dinner I asked Ben a few things about his birthday:

Me: What is your favorite thing about birthdays?
Ben: PRESENTS!

Me: What is your least favorite thing about birthdays?
Ben: The Birthday Song. It's so slow and depressing and you just sit there and smile
uncomfortably till the song is over.

Me: What do you really want for your birthday this year?
Ben: A flame thrower

Me: What do you not want for your birthday?
Ben: Clothes

Me: How do you feel turning 29?
Ben: Not good!

Ben's 2008 Birthday List:
-The Weed Dragon, Propane Tank Flame Thrower
-Cheap White T-Shirts for Work
-Lowe's Gift Card (to build my shed)
-Camping Trip to San Onofre Surf Beach (2 nights)
-Dinner at Greenfield Brazilian BBQ

What He Actually Got: (so far)
-A Hand Blender (to make milkshakes)
-A Cell Phone (Ben is anti-cell phone. Knowing this, for some reason I thought this would be a good idea for emergency's...After seeing his face when he opened it (very similar to his face when the gal at Marie Callendars said they were out of Kahlúa Cream Cheese Pie) I'm sending it back and getting him the Flame Thrower.)
-Dinner Party at Greenfields on Saturday (he'll get the rest of his presents there)

There are actually several places that have Birthday Clubs. This year I had signed up Ben for quite a few online. We got coupons for a ton of free stuff. Here is a list of the places that have Birthday Clubs:
Baskin Robbins (free scoop)
Coldstone (free ice cream w/a mix in)
Red Robin (free burger)
Stewart Andersons (free steak dinner)
Hometown Buffet (free adult buffet)
Denny's (free dessert)
Marie Callendar's (free pie)
Macaroni Grill (free appitizer)
Buca di Beppo (free dessert)
Baker's Square (free pie)

2 comments:

Caroline Haring said...

Sounds like the beginning of Ben's birthday was a pain in the a$$!! Ha, ha - couldn't help myself. I asked Ben if he lost any of his pens during his clinicals. He, he he! Aaron and I will make up for the grissely steak and hokey puck brownie when you two come over for dinner. Aaron said that the weekend would be better for dinner. Is Saturday the 24th or Sunday the 25th better? Let me know, I'm pretty excited for you two to visit. Have fun Saturday without me, I'll be thinking of ya!

Kerr Family said...

Stuart Andersons is one of our least favorite places. I think all their free or coupon foods are terrible. Hopefully the expensive stuff is a lot better. I'm sure dinner at greenfield made up for it. We LOVE that place. Yumm. Hope he had a nice birthday. I have no idea where that prado park is. I would love to take the kids. Where is it?