So Ben is just finishing up his 3rd semester in Nursing school (finals are Monday!) and one more semester till he’s an R.N. I am so proud of him! He has worked so hard and the poor guy has had no life for the past 2 years. He just study, study, studies.
The nursing program doesn’t run during the summer and winter semesters and he usually is taking upper division classes during these times, but this summer he’s taking off school! We are both so excited! I’m so glad that he will be able to just give his brain a break. Though I don’t really know how much of a break it will be. I’ve already got a list of things I want him to do. Mom and Christian have also got “Honey Do” lists for Ben but I think I get first dibs. I’m hoping that he will be able to get the flooring and baseboards finished on our house, a new stackable washer/dryer installed (bigger job then it sounds, he has to move and re-weld the water pipes. Sounds dangerous? I thought so too. Mostly because he’s never done it before. But you’ve got to learn somewhere.), 3rd bedroom cleaned out and garage sell the items or goodwill them, a new pantry put in and hopefully a dishwasher and if there’s still time the outside of the house painted! It might just all be wishful thinking because he only has 2 months, but I think most of it might really actually happen. Oh by the way, Ben also wants to build a “Mega-Man-Shed” in the backyard.
This sounds like a butt load of chores but anyone who’s met Ben a second time, knows that he love’s DIY projects and that he’s really good at it (he’s also an obsessive compulsive pack rat, but that’s a whole other blog). I need to make a post of all the stuff that he’s done so far. He’s amazing! I always wanted to marry a handyman like my father. I saw that in Ben shortly after we started hanging out. He loves his power tools! He has just about every tool you could think of but they have to be Dewalt. The past few Christmas’ and Birthday’s he’s been stumped as far as a list goes. I tell him it’s because he already owns everything he could ever want. Some things he even has two of! (remember when I mentioned that he’s a pack rat?) But they have all come in handy. Whenever anyone in the family needs a "Mr. Fix It", they call Ben.
This is kind of off the subject that I was going for today, but it’s a really sweet story I’d like to share to show you how I knew, Ben was and is the “ONE” for me. That’s what blogs are for anyways right? To just kind of relax and let your brain sort of … fart! Just let it all out in no particular order right?
Okay, so anywho, here’s my story. Ben and I were just kind of hanging out. Not really dating, just friends. It was the summer before we got married. I actually had a boyfriend at the time but was drifting away from “said boyfriend” and spending more time with Ben. Well I came home from work one day shocked and surprised to see Ben’s truck in the front. As I walked up the path to the back house (where I was residing) I saw this HUGE empty cardboard box on the back lawn. My little French doors where wide open and there was music and the noise of power tools coming from the kitchen. I was really confused but shortly after talking with Ben, found out that he was trying to surprise me by installing a HUGE air conditioning unit just for me! It was a hot summer and I had no air conditioning or windows that opened. Ben couldn't stand the idea of me sitting at home roasting, without fresh air. So he put a HUGE hole in the wall and put in an air conditioning unit. It was so big and heavy that he had to build a stand to support it outside because he was afraid that the walls weren’t strong enough. He also had to hire a professional electrician to come out and install a new line. Yes he could have just gotten a small little window air conditioning unit that could cool my little 600 sqft back house but again, anyone who’s met Ben a second time, knows that he does everything BIG! His theory basically is, “If you’re going to go little, what’s the point?” So he ended up putting this AC unit that’s powerful enough to cool a 1200 sqft area into my little abode. It was awesome!
So I really don’t know how this post kind of ping ponged all over like it just did. My intentions in starting this post were to tell about the adventures that my husband has had so far in the nursing program. He has experienced some things that even veteran nurses who have been working at the hospital for 25 years still never have experienced. I really wanted to post them so the memories could stay fresh with us because they are well worth it. I also wanted to post them because they’re way-entertaining stories that we just have to share. But it looks like I’ve gotten way off the path with this post so far and I don’t want to make these post so long that they look intimidating. So, I’ll just post “Ben’s Adventures in Nursing” another time. In the meantime, I just love and appreciate my “Dewalt Man”!
Melody + Corbin Engagement
5 years ago




1 comment:
I posted your tag! You and Ben are always busy working on something, and it's usually for someone else. I've never known you two to just sit and rerax. Maybe you should try that once or twice in the next couple of months. See you Friday!
Post a Comment