CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!

So this has been yet another busy weekend but a very good weekend so far.

Halloween was a ton of fun. The only sad part is that we didn't carve pumpkins this year. Ben was Elvis this year and I was Lilo (Elvis's #1 Fan). We had a ton of fun. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Then this morning Ben and I went door to door passing out door hangers for YES on Prop 8. We all met at the Bishop's house before going out to our different locations. The Bishop was quoting one of the Apostles (I don't remember which one, I think it was either Bednar or Packer) but he said something like, "How we work in the next 3 days will determine the outcome of prop 8". It was really exciting to hear this especially after seeing how many members from our ward and the Tongan ward had showed up in the morning and all the people out on the streets holding signs and those honking their horns in support.

This afternoon we went to, "The BIG Game" (football) at Mt. SAC. Our "Little" Samoan boys are on the team so I've gone to every game they've had so far. One of the boys calls me their "Lucky Charm" because they've won every game so far. I really knew nothing about football (NOTHING!) before this season started. I actually loathed football. Now, after only 8 games, I am one of the loudest fans and today I was even explaining the game to my friend Jackie. Today's game was really the "BIG Game". Currently Mt. SAC Football is #1 in the state, and is #1 on the JCFootball.com/JC Gridwire National Poll and the California Community College Football Coaches Association Poll. We are undefeated and today we played El Camino, who also was undefeated.

Final Score: 26-21, SAC Dawgz! Still #1 and still undefeated!

It was an awesome game and we really had a ton of fun watching and cheering for all the boys.
After the game Ben and I continued to pass out door hangers. It was fun doing it in the rain while counting the seconds between lightening and thunder. We finally finished and went and bought him a new suit from Walmart. Yeah, Walmart!?! Did anyone know that Walmart sold suits?! We didn't but were excited to find Ben a perfect fitting suit for under $80 bucks!

Well the reason we had to get Ben a suit is because he is giving our little nephew, Everett, a blessing at church tomorrow. None of the pants from his suits fit him and I really didn't want him to wear an unmatching suit, so we decided to go out and get a new one. Our only problem was that it was 9pm when we decided and the only place we thought we'd have a chance to find anything was Walmart. And boy, did we get lucky! It's actually a pretty decent looking suit. I'll take a picture of him tomorrow and add it to this post.

So yeah, the past couple of day's have been crazy busy and it doesn't stop tomorrow. We are doing phone calls for prop 8 all morning, going to the blessing and coming home for more phone calls.

I'm so excited! Doing the Lord's work is so amazing. We really are so very lucky! No. Not lucky, we are, so very blessed!



No comments: