This is my absolute favorite show in the whole wide world. That really means a lot because I hardly watch any television. I try to never miss an episode and a few weeks ago I missed the Christmas episode and I am still trying to find it online. No luck. I think the reason I love the show is because I feel that we have a lot of similarities. Jon is 1/2 Korean and 1/2 white (like me), Kate is white (like Ben), Kate tries to cook all organic (like me) and Kate is an R.N. (like Ben will be). Also since Ben and I are getting a late start, we really are hoping for multiples because we really would like a big family. Having multiples would "getter done" much faster. I know it sounds crazy. But the way that I look at it is that there are many spirits up in Heaven waiting to gain a mortal body. And if Ben and I are willing to supply those mortal bodies and raise lot's of babies why not send them to us. We have always wanted a big family. But we'll take whatever Heavenly Father has planned for us.
So anyways... last night I almost missed another episode! I got off work at 7pm, we went grocery shopping, I made dinner real quick, then I had to watch this movie (Deer Hunter) for school. It's like 3 hours long! I was planning to watch it till 9:00 and then watch Jon and Kate + 8 then finish watching it after. But at 9:15 I realized what happened. I'm glad I didn't miss it because it was another 2 new (and really good) episodes. If you haven't seen the show, I strongly suggest you watch it. Monday nights at 9pm on TLC. It's a real hoot! In the 2nd episode Kate made an edible play dough for the kids. She gave the recipe real quick but I found it online. Also I found her recipe for "doggy chow" (not for dogs). Both recipes can totally be made all organic. Yum! I can't wait to make these for Kerry, Reagan and Ben! Enjoy!
PEANUT BUTTER PLAY DOUGH
Ingredients:
One 18-oz jar creamy peanut butter
6 tablespoons honey
3/4 cup non-fat dry milk
(Kate added a little flour to make it stiffer)
Directions: Mix ingredients together, using varying amounts of dry milk for desired consistencies. Knead it with fingers, forming into desired shapes, adding other foods like M&M's or peanuts for eyes, mouths, etc.
Storage: When not using, MUST be stored in an airtight container.
9 cups Chex® cereal (any variety)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside. In 1-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.


2 comments:
i've seen a few episodes, it can be fun to watch. o, i saw on kati's blog that you guys clean repoed homes? we just bought a bank owned home...wanna clean it? ;)
Oh My Gosh.... i'm so with you on this show, i love it. Even my 4 year old loves to watch it with me. I have never missed an episode, gotta love T.VO :) You guys are cute, this blog stuff is amazing, i feel like i'm seeing and getting updated on everyone again. It's crazy, I love it! :)
Post a Comment